Saturday, March 19, 2011

Whats Similar To Midrin

March 17, hours all patriots But where were the first? Few aircraft and missiles zero

Mario Giordano

The celebrations for the anniversary of the Unit are often reduced to theater of the rhetoric: who snubbed the tricolor hours it turns out defender of the Fatherland. But after the festivities we hope remains something

Excuse me, but I can not. I have read carefully, and with a vague sense of guilt, editorials celebrating the 'new patriotism' (Sole 24 Ore), the "mild patriotism" (Corriere della Sera), "the party of the people '(Republic)," the great day of Tricolore "(Messenger), but I could not even feel a little patriotic '. I tried, I swear. But there the hofatta. It's stronger than me. I also read the article, written by master as usual, with heart and sincere feeling from our Christian Gatti. At this point my sense of guilt is magnified.

He says that he would leave the Italian flag in the window a little '. I think that, instead, on Thursday morning when I saw that my children had put out, unbeknownst to me, I had the urge to pull it off. Even before the festival started, you know? I stopped just in time, before making the gesture cruel and reckless. But I still have the vague feeling of nausea for the excess of patriotism that we are serving. And I wonder, but all those fans of flag, until the day before yesterday, where the hell is he hiding? I say, it is clear, with no desire to be controversial, because I realize that in these days we must be united and happy. I say this just to try to dampen a bit 'my sense of guilt: after all, if I so hard to celebrate the' new patriotism 'is because no one has impressed me.

Even President Napolitano, say, now it's all for the flag. But until a few years ago, I think, white and green was less happy. Remember? When I think back to Italy to celebrate festivals of the past, I remember April 25. There was talk of resistance, of anti-fascism and democracy. Never home. When I went to school, there were the partisans who were to speak in class. (Indeed, the partisan commanders. So much so that I grew up and I was wondering: but how is it that 'sti partisans were all masters? A soldier had not there?). Well, you could not see Italian flags, the most red flags. None of them ever to sing the anthem at the most beautiful hello. Now that I reflect: I remember in elementary school learned songs of all genres: for Christmas, Easter, Mother's Day to Father's Day.

Never once you sing Mameli, even by mistake. The first time I heard strong need for an Italian flag was on 11 July 1982, the day of victory of the English Mundial, to Tardelli and Paolo Rossi. We felt all Italian then. But we were so lacking tricolor I remember my mother I had to improvise a knotting of the closet clothes at random, in the wake of the euphoria from samples of the world was a green shirt, white handkerchief, a red swimsuit. He made us laugh a lot. Today, perhaps, someone would find it a sacrilege. Then there was sacrilege, and there was no rhetoric. The first time I went to Turin, my parents made me see the monorail Italy '61. For many years I thought that Italy '61 was invented to build the monorail, which seemed like a ride for adults, just a little 'more boring dell'ottovolante. And I could not understand what need there was to invent the story of the celebration to inaugurate a new attraction.
I have never been well explained the reasons for Italy '61 and its festivities. After all was said long-banned patriotic. It was a kind of insult. The country has always been immersed in two cultures, Catholic and Communist opponents both fairs the nation. Moreover, we know: the Communists chased the workers' International, the International Catholic heaven. A school who brought a cockade biancorossoverde, such as those who yesterday were all on TV, ended immediately branded a fascist. But even among my friends of the parish, the Oratory boys, there was no great passion for Italy, was looking at missions to Africa, to Central America, never to flag. The Catholic Church is, in fact, that is universal, it was said: mica can get lost in the backyard.

Now I'm glad to read in version of the Cardinal Bagnasco Risorgimento, I I drink with joy the future of publishing on the contribution of Catholics to national identity. And a little 'sorry I ask myself: damn, you could not explain it before? Maybe, here, if you had told me the first day I could feel a little 'more patriotic too. I could especially moved me to read certain publications. Instead, nothing. I continue to search the memory. And remember that the only time I felt a bit 'of good rhetoric about Italy was when my father took me to the bowling tournament of the Alps. At some point the legal guardian with his hat pulled out the pint of Barbera and sang the anthem. But they did it secretly, almost ashamed. So generations of Italians grew up thinking that the real parties were those in the unit Napolitano and red flags. Now we discover that the Unity party is done with Napolitano and tricolor flags. Okay, please! This binge of patriotism is very honorable. But I wonder: after a long fasting will not hurt? Above all, leave us something concrete in addition to nausea?

0 comments:

Post a Comment